1. Try to make smart bets. The single-number bets have terrible odds – in fact some of the worst of all the casino games. The casino holds such a big advantage that bets on a single number are very unlikely to win. The best bets are the ones around the outside of the table that pay as close to even money as possible.
2. Play for fun, not to make money. If you play for fun, you are far more likely to make good tactical decisions, whereas if you are playing under the stress of needing to make a profit the chances are you will probably lose. Though no gambling game should be done purely for profit you should especially avoid Roulette as a means of making money as the odds are stacked against you.
3. Playing roulette is a bit like playing the stock market – you need to spread the risk around. One should always place the bets across table, as this will minimise the risk and help to win at least something in every spin. Moreover, spreading money around like $1 on all four corners, instead of spreading $5 straight on one number is always beneficial.
4. Roulette is thought as a game of probability. It's the game of luck and player always gets a chance to win. Even after being influenced with the previous results, one must learn how to bet with the outcome and not against it. This makes ‘the law of unequal distribution' always on the player's side. Two factors determine how much one is winning or loosing. One is of course the luck and second is decision of the right time when a player is supposed to quit.
5. Never chase losses: Some people tend to try and make lost money up by making even bigger bets. Never do this, especially in Roulette. This is a very reckless form of play and will only lead to losing your money even faster.
6. Never follow anybody's system. Many websites and gambling ‘experts’ recommend you spread your bets around with a 'systems’ that often make no sense at all. This is a game of luck not maths so avoid these at all costs.
7. Leading on from the last tip…do not challenge the mathematical advantage that the casino has. It won’t and can never be changed.
8. Try and set aside your winnings. If you set aside what you win and then leave the table/computer after your budgeted money is gone, then you will probably leave the table with some money and possibly in profit. I have many times. However if you continue to bet with your winnings and then hit a losing streak you will be left with nothing!
9. Grab the casinos bonus or try demo games – most online casinos have these. They are great because you are allowed to try a game and get a feel for the functions before you start betting real money. They also allow you to practice a strategy, or to simply take a break from betting and still enjoy playing without the stress of a real-money wager.
10. Try European Roulette: The majority of online casinos will offer you American and European Roulette. The difference is that the European wheel has only one zero on it, whereas an American wheel has two. The main reason you should play with a single zero wheel is that the house advantage becomes less. Therefore this increases your chances of winning, so definitely take this into consideration.