1. Baccarat players seek out trends. The rollers watch for these trends and then consider whether to continue or reverse direction. A gambler will begin to bet on a streak taking place if the last 30 odd hands have been unpredictable. To do this he will continue betting according to whatever the last hand was.
2. Set up your bankroll somewhere between 20 and 50 units. Be warned, baccarat can be a high limit game and you may have to risk at least 20 units of up $20 each, meaning a $400 bankroll. As always, make sure you fully understand the rules of baccarat before laying any money.
4. Watch for the first few hands and try and understand how the game is played. Watch the dealing and the play and look for obvious trends. For example, see if the shoe is "choppy", with the player and banker switching back and forth many hands in succession.
5. In general, the high cards favor the Banker while the lower cards favor the player. Other cards only have a smaller effect and are considered as being neutral. Card counters track the removal of such cards as the game progresses and then bet for the player when there is a higher ratio of high cards remaining in the deck.
6. What is card counting? Card counting, which can be successful with blackjack, is now also being studied by baccarat players in the hope that it will give them an advantage in the game. In short, much as in blackjack, the removal of cards during play creates possibilities of attaining particular cards or combinations of cards. The removal of certain cards in some cases can favor the player and also the Banker. If you have develop a successful count strategy, you should be able to recognize situations that favor betting for the Banker and others that favor betting for the player. By carefully alternating your bets as the count changes, a card counter may be able to improve his or her chances at winning when playing Baccarat.
7. Little decision making is needed in playing Baccarat. Strategies can only be based on the discernment of winning streaks like watching for trends of wins and losses. One bets with the position that seems to be winning and one adjusts his or her bet in accordance with whether or not the last hand lost or won. Several interesting approaches are available for those players who enjoy working with betting systems. Remember that any such systems will not, in any way, change the odds of the game that they may be trying to beat.
8. Streaks cannot be predicted, although the baccarat player is constantly hoping for a sign of a coming streak to guide him to a win.
9. In a nutshell, the overall strategy for the majority of baccarat players is to try and recognize streaks and trends and decide whether they favor the player or the banker. Once a streak begins the players have to decide whether or not these streaks will continue or not and will then bet accordingly.
10. This is how the house edge works: The house’s edge on a Banker Hand winning is 1.06%
The house’s edge on a Player Hand winning is 1.23%
The advantage to the house on a Tie hand is 14.05%